Week Eight - Tutorial Week
Reflect back, since I was kid I have a big curiosity of anything around me. It is not a big thing for my family if they lost me at the public places. They exactly knew that I must be looking at something that very interesting (for me). They had never more worried about that.
In Singapore, I find my freedom. I can go anywhere I want without getting lost. I love my new life, to be honest this the happiest time I have done.
This time, I took a trip to SAM at 8Q. The whole exhibitions in this building are from local artists.
I was amazed by all the installations there, which from those I could inanimate the objects with human characters.
I was amazed by all the installations there, which from those I could inanimate the objects with human characters.
CALM
| Too Far, Too Near
2015 Ong Kian Peng Singapore Art Museum commission Collection of the Artist |
DEPRESS
| Too Far, Too Near 2015 Ong Kian Peng Singapore Art Museum commission Collection of the Artist |
CONFUSE
| Too Far, Too Near 2015 Ong Kian Peng Singapore Art Museum commission Collection of the Artist |
PROUD
| Allow me to
introduce myself
2015 Here’s who I am, I am what you see 2015 Ezzam Rahman Singapore Art Museum commission Collection of the Artist |
FEAR
| Days 2015 Ang Song Ming Singapore Art Museum commission Collection of the Artist |
SAD
| Days 2015 Ang Song Ming Singapore Art Museum commission Collection of the Artist |
ANGRY
| Days 2015 Ang Song Ming Singapore Art Museum commission Collection of the Artist |
HAPPY
| HDB Life
2014 Shin Lin Collection of the Artist Singapore Art Museum commission |
SHOUTED
| Days 2015 Ang Song Ming Singapore Art Museum commission Collection of the Artist |
For me, the most memorable is the glaciers filmed, "Too far too Near" by Ong Kian Peng. When i entered the gallery, sound of ocean heard by the audio-kinetic sculptures, it makes the video alive and the characters strongly appeared.
Furthermore, one more mind-blown idea from artist Ezzam Rahman. He used his own skin and nails to created the artworks. My jaw dropped instantly.
This is the first time I saw such a gracious, proud feelings built from human's skin.
Location: Singapore Art Museum
Thank You for reading!
xoxo
Phebe
No comments:
Post a Comment